Datura Online Belly Dance Review

Datura Online Bellydance Review

I'm sure you've all heard of Datura Online, the online school created by Sol Crawford and Rachel Brice. If you haven't, it is a site you'll want to check out.

Price: $25 a month.

Videos on Tribal, Cabaret, Egyptian, Fusion, Vintage, Yoga, Pilates, and Musicality. 


Pros:

  • Fabulous Teachers- Tamalyn Dallal, Rachel Brice, Sadona Soulfire, Henna, Ashley Lopez, Zoey Jakes and others. 
  • High Production- The videos are well lit, with good sound and not a lot of distractions. There are mirrors so you can see how the moves should look from the front.  
  • A ton of great videos. I hate subscribing to things and finding out they only have one or two videos I really enjoyed. There are so many videos on here that I got a ton out of and a lot of worshop kind of classes as well.
  • There are playlists of videos based on the style/level you are interested in. 
  • Each video has a list of the songs used during the video.
  • Has trial videos so you can see if your computer will support them before you invest. 
  • Each video has a ranking so you can easily tell if it is at your level of comfort. 
  • The site offers scholarships. 

Cons:

- I wish they had some sort of certificate or record of completion- not because they really mean anything technique wise- but because it would encourage me to fit it into my schedule. It's very easy to put it off and put it off as it doesn't have the incentive of a real class.   

-You can't download videos, not that it was expected but I have pretty crappy internet which leads to skipping. It's not exactly a con and not likely one anyone else will encounter.

Overall: This is one of the few resources I feel is 100% worth the money. It's a steal with the cost being roughly the same as 2 in-person dance classes.

10/10 Stars, you can't sign up fast enough. If you do decide to sign up I would appreciate it if you used the link below as it gives me credit and frees me up to do more reviews! I also am more than happy to answer any questions you might have about the site.

Datura Online 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belly Dance Journal